This Christmas break I’m going back home, after nearly two years of not going back.
To be honest, I don’t know why, but I’m feeling very nervous this time to go back home. I haven’t seen or spoken to any of my extended family in these two years, and that is actually my normal. Even when I lived back home, we would have family gatherings around 3-4 times a month, and that would be our way of ‘contact’.
What I am looking forward to:
- Firstly, hanging out with my brother. We don’t see each other a lot, just couple of times throughout the year since he studies in California. So in every break I really look forward to just chilling with him and having fun. And obviously spending time with my parents as well.
- Secondly, THE FOOD. Nothing in the world beats warm home cooked meals you grew up eating, and I cannot wait to eat away the whole week I’m there.
- Thirdly, looking forward to seeing my high school friends and catching up with them. It’s so weird when you’re in high school you think you will speak to them everyday, but in reality, you speak to them once every couple of months and that is totally fine. Strong friendships like that really makes my heart warm, and keeps me appreciating the small things in life.
- Finally, just getting some gifts and treats to bring back with me to share with everyone I have here.
What I’m not looking forward to:
- There isn’t a lot I am not looking forward to, actually, there is nothing I’m not looking forward to. I’m just weirdly nervous for no reason.
My trip is over a week long, leaving on the 15th Dec arriving the next day there, and flying back on the 24th. Right on time for celebrating my 22nd birthday, which is on the 25th of the month. I am not a huge birthday celebrating person, although I enjoy just having the people I love around me spending precious time together.