For my first every recipe post, I had to share my famous banana cake recipe. I am known amongst friends and family for my banana cake, and after holding an Instagram poll, my followers wanted to recipe, and I am here to share it!
I’ve been baking this cake for nearly three years now, and I’ve tried adding and removing different things, and I’ve finally nailed the perfect mixture for a beautifully baked cake. Firstly: –
- 1 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of sugar (preferably white)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder ( 2 teaspoons if you liked cinnamon flavour)
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- 2 tablespoons of Nutella (or however much you like)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2-3 ripped bananas (mashed)- Depending on size of banana, and the texture of cake you’re looking for
Secondly, I would recommend to preheat your over 15 minutes before you plan to bake, for around 120C. Now, for mixing the ingredients I would start by having two bowls, one for the wet ingredients and one for the dry ingredients. I would recommend to mix all the wet ingredients together in a larger bowl, then mix all the dry ingredients together in separate bowls. Next, slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while mixing continuously until everything is mixed completely.
Finally, butter your baking tin with unsalted butter to avoid anything sticking to the tin. Place the tin into the over raising the temperature to 180C, and bake: 45 minutes- 1 hour (depending on your oven), I wouldn’t recommend exceeding an hour. Once the cake is fully risen and ready, allow it to rest for 15-30 minutes before eating.
- I would highly recommend leaving the cake to rest overnight if you had the time, this is what I always do, because it allows the banana and all the other ingredients’ flavours come together.
I am far from a professional or great baker, but I am looking forward to sharing different great recipes I’ve been cooking and experimenting with!
I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you try this recipes, or have a similar recipe to this!
Take care and love,
(Featured image source: https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/bananabread_85720)